Champagnat Day Activities Scheduled

St. Marcellin Champagnat (Credit: Catholic Online)

This year is St. Marcellin Champagnat’s 25th annual canonization anniversary and the 7th annual celebration of Champagnat day here at Marist. To honor St. Marcellin, students will participate in next week’s activities and come together as a community. The week-long activities start on Sunday 4/14 and last until Friday 4/19.

Sunday- Mass at Marist

Monday- Pray the Rosary

Tuesday- Hear from alumni at career day

Wednesday- All school mass

Thursday- Champagnat Day! Donate and volunteer

Friday- Spring Rally

Also one day during the week students will be able to volunteer during lunch to make “Blessing Bags” for the homeless.

There is a class raffle this year that is entered by donating. If 400 students participate, the whole school wins a donut day. Each student that enters has the chance at winning a Dunkin’ gift card along with one of the following, depending on grade level:

Freshman: $200 gift certificate to the Marist bookstore

Sophomore: Guaranteed parking spot for next school year

Junior: Free parking spot of students choice for next school year

Senior: Free prom bid

The school celebrates St. Marcellin because he devoted his life to creating the Marist Brothers to spread the word of God to young people. These are the Brothers that run Marist Chicago along with more than 10 other Marist schools in the U.S. and many more worldwide.