Registration Open for Summer School

Marist students attending summer school.(Credit: Marist Instagram)

Marist High School will offer courses required for graduation over the summer of 2024. Students can take health, speech, and PE classes. Registration opened at the beginning of February.

As summer approaches, many students eagerly await a much-needed break from their routines. One way to make the most of this time is by enrolling in summer courses, which offer an excellent opportunity to learn new skills, further one’s education, and expand one’s horizons.

Taking these courses in the summer can free up academic time during the regular school year for other courses or allow students time to focus on material in the summer with fewer obligations in other classes. While some may view it as an alternative measure, summer school offers many benefits beyond catching up on missed credits. 

“I have more time during the actual school year to pick classes that I wanna take instead of taking PE or speech, I feel that I have more options and not forced to take required courses,” said freshman Melanie Martinez.

Summer school allows students to explore subjects they may not have time for during the regular school year. Courses can be particularly beneficial for students pursuing new interests or preparing for advanced coursework. 

It can also help students stay on track for graduation. By taking additional courses, students can earn credits faster and reduce the risk of falling behind. 

Marist classes will have two sessions, meaning there will be different dates. Summer Session One runs June 3 through June 20, and Summer Session Two runs June 24 through July 11. Most classes are held from 8:00 a.m. through 10:30 a.m. 

Taking summer courses can accelerate a student’s academic progress. By taking advantage of the summer semester, students can take additional courses and earn more credits, helping them to complete their degree requirements sooner and enter the workforce or continue their education at a higher level.

Students can sign up on the Marist Website through April 30, or when classes fill.