Homecoming Week 2023

As we are approaching this year’s Homecoming week, student council and faculty are finalizing all of the games and activities students will be participating in. Meghan Kelly, Student Council Vice President said, “We have worked together as a student council to prepare a fun and engaging week for ourselves, our peers, and the staff at Marist.”

Monday-

Pj day!

Lunch activity: Obstacle Course in the gym.

Roll out of bed and come to school in your comfiest clothes for Monday. At school there will be an obstacle course in the gym. Students can run through it during their lunch period. 

Tuesday-

Barbie/Oppenheimer!

Lunch activity: Snow cone machine

Pick a theme. Dress up as a Barbie or be a character from Oppenheimer! During lunch make sure you help yourself to a snowcone. 

Wednesday-

Western! 

Lunch activity: Mechanical Bull

Dress as a cowboy, cowgirl or in any western attire you have. A student favorite at Marist has made its return: the mechanical bull!  Make sure you get a turn and hop on during lunch. 

Thursday-

Dress your decade!

Lunch activity: Karaoke

Powder puff game, Oct 5 at 7:00 p.m

Freshmen: 90’s, Sophomores: 70’s, Juniors: B.C, Seniors: 2000’s, and Faculty: 80’s. Sing your favorite songs at lunch karaoke and after school come back for the 7 p.m powderpuff game.

Friday-

Rowdy day!

Lunch activity: Bingo

Marist vs. De La Salle at Red and White Stadium

Represent Marist in your best Redhawk attire. Possibly win some prizes during Friday’s lunch bingo, and go ALL out for this year’s Homecoming game vs. De La Salle!

Students, make sure to have fun with the dress downs, participate in the lunch activities, and attend the powderpuff and football games. For any freshmen who do not know, Marist homecoming week is extremely entertaining. 

“I think Marist homecoming week is extremely fun, especially during lunch when you get to see people wipe out on the mechanical bull,” said Drew Blackburn, Junior. She is not alone. Many Marist students are very excited for homecoming week to start.