Uniform Changes for 2023

The Marist uniform policy has had multiple changes since last year. Here’s what you need to know so you can avoid consequences.
Drew Blackburn showing students the do’s and dont’s of the Marist dress code.

As we start the 2023 school year, you may have noticed some of the alterations in the dress code. Most are small changes, but others are major. The Marist administration is taking the uniform policy very seriously. 

If students are seen out of uniform in any way, they will receive a detention. This is especially for  students not wearing an ID without a pass. Most teachers do uniform checks around the classroom before the period begins, so make sure to be in full uniform. 

This year students are now allowed to wear gym shoes as long as they are a solid white, black, grey, or brown rubber-soled shoe. This change has been very popular among the student body and entices incoming students who shadow on Fridays. 

Junior Drew Blackburn said, “I love to wear gym shoes to school. They are more comfortable and do not give me blisters like my Doc Martens did last year.”

Another change that has sparked discussion among students is the rule of “no rolled skirts.” Girls are to leave their skirts as they are and not roll them to make them shorter. Faculty believe it is more appropriate for girls to wear their skirts as they were designed.  

Faculty is continuing to pay close attention to the multiple changes in the dress code that have carried over from last year to this year. Most importantly, wearing your ID at all times, always wearing a polo under sweaters, and no head coverings.