My Top Five New Fall Movies

During this time of the year, there is nothing that I enjoy more than going to the cinema to watch something new. No matter the genre, I always find a movie I end up enjoying more than I thought I would.
Photo via: Murals Your Way, “Movie Theater Seating Wall Mural”

This fall, there are some new movies coming out that I am looking forward to seeing. Here, I will share which ones I am most excited about and think you should as well.

1.Five Nights at Freddy’s

The movie follows Mike Schmidt, played by Josh Hutcherson, who is hired as a security guard to work for Freddy Fazbear’s Pizzeria to provide for him and his little sister Abby, played by Piper Rubio. Slowly discovering the horrors, Mike will find that the job he got isn’t what he thought it would be. 

The movie was originally announced in April,  2015 and was picked up by Warner Bros. However, due to failing to write a script for the movie, it was never released. Luckily on April 5 this year, Blumhouse’s official Instagram account announced that the movie was in the works and would be directed by Emma Tammi which sparked an uproar of excitement from the community.

The movie releases on Friday, October 27 in theaters and on Peacock.

I recommend seeing this movie if you’re looking for some nostalgia or want to experience FNAF for the first time.

2. Killers of the Flower Moon

Based on the 2017 non-fiction book, Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI written by David Grann, the movie details the brutality committed against the Osage tribe in 1920’s Oklahoma through a plot to deprive them of their oil wealth. 

This is an epic Western crime drama that is directed by Martin Scorsese and stars Leonardo DiCaprio as protagonist Ernest Burkhart, Lily Gladstone as his Native American wife Mollie Burkhart, and many other famous names.

The movie releases in theaters Friday, October 20.

I recommend seeing this movie if you’re curious about the series of wrong-doings against the Osage tribe or just a Scorsese fan who’s interested in seeing his latest work.

3. Priscilla 

Priscilla is a biographical drama directed by Sofia Coppola, based on the 1985 memoir titled, Elvis and Me. It stars Cailee Spaeny and profiles her life and relationship with Elvis Presley (Jacob Elordi) in the 1960’s. It depicts the humble beginnings and eventually their downfall that leads to their divorce.

The movie will release in theaters on Friday, November 3, but includes no rights to Elvis’s song catalog, unlike Elvis, which had a $85 million budget and access to his music. 

I recommend seeing this if you’re curious about the true story of how their relationship began and ended.

4. Maestro 

Maestro is a biographical drama that tells the story of Leonard Bernstein (played by Bradley Cooper), a famous American conductor. and his wife Felicia Montealgre Bernstein, (played by Carey Mulligan), a Costa Rican-Chilean actress.

It shows how they fell in love and the events that transpired which allowed them to meet one another.

The movie will be released on Wednesday, November 22.

I recommend this if you’re interested in biopics and want to know more about Bernstein himself, or his wife.

5. Napoleon 

Napoleon is an epic historical drama directed by Ridley Scott. It is based on the true story of famous French leader, Napoleon Bonaparte played by Joaquin Phoenix, and his rise to power, as well as his relationship with his first wife, Empress Joséphine, played by Vanessa Kirby.

I recommend seeing this if you’re interested in the history of Napoleon and his rise to power.