Quote Wall

Students at Marist High School who have been feeling down can find inspiration on the walls of their own principal’s office.
Quote+Wall

Principal Meg Dunneback opened office doors to the new “quote wall” in an effort to inspire students, faculty, and herself.

Dunneback, who is in her third year at Marist, said the idea of a quote wall came to her during her first and second year. She walked in to see a bare, gloomy room with pieces of furniture lying about. Dunneback wanted her new office space to be something special.

“I wanted this room to be a little bit different,” Dunneback said. 

“You know I’m gonna make a quote wall,” said Dunneback. “I didn’t even know what the heck that was.” 

Dunneback, who had collected and used quotes for years, was stumped as to how to make this wall real. However, with the help of student ambassadors the once bare wall became covered in motivation.

The wall has a good amount of paper quotes, however there is room for more.

“I have the pens here. I have the pieces of post-it-note,” said Dunneback. “Come on in.”

Dunneback understands why students may not participate.

“I’m the principal,” she said. “Who wants to come to the principal’s office?”

Dunneback still has hope that her wall will grow and even hopes one day there will be no space left.

“Maybe if I’m lucky,” said Dunneback. “I can fill this whole wall.”

Freshman Jack Kwilose let his curiosity get the best of him and decided to look in on Dunneback’s office. Kwilose, in his first year at Marist, took the brave move that most students refuse. Unaware of “what the heck it was,” he put himself out there. 

“I had seen it before during the passing period,” said Kwilose. “It looked cool, so I decided to put one up.”

He urges students to take the step into her office when you have the time.

“It’s a great way to help,” he said. “Who doesn’t like to help?”

View Comments (1)