Editorial: What My Catholic Education Means To Me

During Catholic Schools Week, we reflect on what it means to get to celebrate our faith here at Marist High School.
The Marist chapel is always open for students and faculty to privately spend some time in prayer

I have been attending a Catholic school for the past 11 years. Growing up, I never realized the sacrifice my parents had to make for me to attend a Catholic school.

Both my parents went to public school their whole lives so I always wondered why they made it their mission to send me to Catholic school. When I was in 8th grade I realized why my parents sacrificed so much money for me and my brother to attend Catholic schools.

The smaller classrooms allow me to get more hands-on learning, the teachers are so passionate and invested in every student’s education, and you create bonds with your fellow classmates you wouldn’t at a public school.

Going on to Marist and having friends who attend public schools make me realize how special Catholic schools are. You get to freely talk about God and your experiences with your teachers, and learn and grow as a disciple of God.

My Catholic education is so special to me and I wouldn’t trade it for the world.