The Student News Site of Marist High School

MHS Media

MHS Media

MHS Media

Senior Notables React to New Titles

Caroline O’Brien steps up to the plate during her junior year season. (Credit: Ellie Holmstrom)

Senior superlatives are titles given to particular students by their fellow classmates. This year there were 15 categories for seniors to vote for. Many of the students who won will be remembered by their superlative title for the rest of their lives. A few of the winners this year were surprised by their new designations.

“I was really shocked. I did not believe it at all at first, but I felt very proud to see my peers view me in those specific categories,” said senior Kam Beal. 

Beal won four of the fifteen categories this year. These categories included Most School Spirit, Most Likely to Become President, Most Likely to Become Famous, and Most Likely to Return as a Marist Teacher. 

“I didn’t expect to win all these awards. I did expect to win, most likely to come back and school spirit. I only expected these categories because of my love for Marist,” said Beal. 

Beal is the 2024 class president and has been a part of student council since freshman year. 

“Everyone here knows Kam and most of his peers respect him. He’s the true definition of a student leader and that’s why I think he got so many votes,” said Ms. Carlson, Broadcasting and Journalism teacher.

The award for Brightest Smile went to Sasha Bryant. 

“It made me very happy to know that my graduating class thinks I have the brightest smile! That is a big compliment,” said Bryant. 

Bryant is on the varsity dance team at Marist, and is a member of the powerlifting club as well. 

“I definitely did not expect to win. When I was voting for my other peers, I knew some of my friends voted for me but I did not think I was going to win,” she said. 

Bryant will be attending Spelman College in the fall and majoring in English on the pre law track. 

One of the first Marist girls to ever win Best Athlete goes to Caroline O’Brien this year. 

“It’s definitely an honor to be one of the first females to win. I think women’s sports is growing so much and it is cool to represent and be a part of it,” she said.

O’Brien is a two-time state champion with the Marist softball team.

“I definitely did not expect to win. I figured a football player or baseball player would win but it is for sure a cool thing,” said O’Brien. 

She will be attending Notre Dame in the fall to play softball. 

“Caroline is such a great all around athlete, and not only is she an amazing athlete but an even better leader and teammate,” said sophomore Ellie Holmstrom.