Marist Girls JV Lacrosse Wraps Up Season

In the 5 o’clock game at Marist High School, the girls JV lacrosse team played St. Laurence for their final game. Marist won 11-1, ending their season 12-2 overall.

Faye Bouck, MHS News Writer

Throughout the season there were many incredible wins such as beating our rival team, Mother McAuley.

On April 25th here at the Red and White Stadium Marist faced Mother McAuley for senior night. Marist’s JV team held a lead throughout the entire game. Even though Marist was winning, McAuley did not give up and decided to play hard defense in the second half. After this things turned around for McAuley they scored 5 goals in the second half, but Marist won the game 12-5.

One of the most impressive victories however this season was when Marist won 18-2 against Minooka Community High School. By the second half Marist maintained a lead of over 10 points, making it a running clock game. This did not have an impact on Marist, the team continued to push and finish out the game with the little time left.

The wins were not based only off of individual skill. All of the players on the team have agreed that the team grew closer throughout the season. Sophomore Charlotte Young said, “The season was a great time because everyone connected super well with each other.” This connection is what helped the Marist girls JV lacrosse team do so well this season.