Oak Forest Bowl Catches Fire

Latanya Smith, MHS Media Writer

Located at 15240 S. Cicero Ave, the bowling alley caught fire in the early morning.

Firefighters arrived at the scene around 2:30 AM and were able to extinguish the flames after several hours of battling the blaze. About 12 towns responded to the call, and the fire was out around 7:30 AM.

According to the Oak Forest Fire Department, the blaze happened in the bar area of the bowling alley and quickly spread throughout the building. However, it is still unknown how it started.

In a recent tweet, the Oak Forest Bowl stated that, ”No one was injured in the devastating fire that occurred last night at Oak Forest Bowl.” They ask to give them some time to get things straightened out and process what has just happened

Arnesia Lovelace, a student at Marist High School, was supposed to have her sister’s birthday party at the Oak Forest Bowl on Sunday. However, due to the unfortunate events that happened today, it is unclear what will happen next.

The Oak Forest Bowl has been a local landmark for decades and residents are pained by the news of the fire. Many have taken to social media to express their memories at the bowling alley and their hopes for its future. The owners of the bowling alley have not yet released a statement about the buyer but it is unclear at the time whether they plan to rebuild the building.